• Natural selection leads to evolution, where species accumulate genetic changes over time that help them be
successful in their niche.
• Natural selection can cause multiple species to select similar
traits, as they have similar selection pressures. This is convergent evolution.
• Natural selection can cause one population to diverge if they
are split into different habitats or niches with different
selection pressure . This is divergent evolution.
• Natural selection can cause one species to evolve to predate
or avoid predation by anohter species. This is called co-
• Natural selection is influenced by the environment and acts on variation in phenotypes.