One blade edge, one spiked edge, insulated handle
Fighting fires inflight, using spiked edge to pry open panels to locate fire source.
Clearing physical obstructions in the event of a crash.
As a basic survival aid
Fire retardant gloves that are yellow in colour
Fire fighting to protect hands/arms from heat.
Heat resistant gloves
Check red plastic disc is in tact at rear of handle.
Electrical and flammable liquid fires.
Fabric and paper fires.
- PBE to be worn
- On flight deck oxygen to be worn and set to 100%
- no metal to make contact with wires
- Caution when fighting fluid fires to avoid scattering and splashing.
- Not effective on conbustable metal fires.
P- push up red thumb catch
A- aim at the base of the fire
S- squeeze the handle
S- sweep the flames.
Use short bursts or continuously
Minimum 10 seconds
Hold within 60 degrees of vertical
Tamper preventation integrity seal is in tact. Check humidity indicator is blue in colour.
- remove objects from around head to avoid puncturing
- long hair contained inside the hood
- Don hood promptly to avoid toxins
- if hood collapses, remove and get a new one.
- do not remove hood when newr sparks or open flames.
- Snap 2 cylinders apart
- Immediate hissing sound
- Inflation within 2 min
green light flashing under left eye. It will go red if unservicable or running out.
8-10min of oxygen flow. Enough to last minimum of 15 min.
In an empty lavatory wastebin.
Lock and monitor lavatory during flight.
Pressure gauge needle is between the green band and FULL.
Pressure gauge needle is in the red band.
High flow- 4L per min
- mask plugged into outlet
- open shut off valve until 4 is visible
- Check flow indicator is green
- fit mask
- advise csm/ csm to log/ tell captain
- monitor passenger 15 min
- plug mask into outlet closest to pressure gauge.
- open shut off valve fully anticlockwise and then a half turn back.
- check flow indicator is green.
- fit mask
- advise CSM/ csm to log it/ notify captain
- monitor passenger every 15 min
- avoid bumping or dropping it
- no ignition sources within 4m
- avoid contact with oils or greases
- remove makeup
- secure cylinder
- carry with strap over shoulder in front of body.
Pressure gauge needle is in the red band
yellow band around the top with a brass fitting
- disconnect flight deck mask
- plug into brass EROS outlet
- open shut off valve fully anti clockwise and thurn back a half turn.
- fit mask and breathe
EROS provides oxygen on demand
Maximum 15 min
dependant on respiration rate/workload
During times when smoke is present as it can be inhaled through the holes on the sides of the mask.
In a sick bag and back to its original stowage.
- put on gloves
- place mask over nose or mouth( flip for baby)
- Second person to conect oxygen whilst first person perform rescue breaths
Present and sealed
Only when a general first aid kit is not sufficient.
- Present and sealed.
- Expiry date checked.
- Blue metal seal is in place through zipper and handle.
green tick- AED has passed its last self test and is ready for use.
blank grey- failed last self test or at 25% or lower battery.
present and sealed.
Present and seal is intact
6 x flexi cuffs
1 x cutter
- all restrained passengers must be seated with a seat belt fastened.
- passenger lap seat belt
- flexi cuffs on wrists
(leg restraints must be removed)
- Adult has 1 chamber and infant has 2.
- Adult has a whistle, infant does not.
- Adult has 1 mouth piece, infant has 2.
Make a loop and tuck the loop into the waist strap behind childs back.
406S- water activated battery
406SE- lithium battery
Tape dissolves in water, antenna will deploy, transmits automatically when in water
Ensure dial is in ARM position, tape dissolves in water, antenna deploys, flashing LED light will be visible after 10 seconds.
Unfasten water soluable tape to release antenna. Add 1 pouch of salt and 1L of water to attached bag. Lower base of beacon inside liquid to cover vent holes.
Unfasten water soluble tape to release antenna. Turn dial to XMT. No liwuid required. Flashing LED will be visible after 10 seconds.
- at highest point
- in an area clear of obstructions
- lenght of the retaining cord away from people.
Attach the beacon securely to the raft with retaining cord.
Safety wired or plastic seal.
Red light blinking.
By unscrewing the end and uplugging the 2 connectors or put back in its oringal stowage.
- Place megaphone down slide alone, ensuring the bottom of the slide is clear.
- Use megaphone with one hand
- Impact drill sheet
- Cabin Crew non normal checklist- depressurisation